2008 Robotic Prostatectomy: Expert Panel Review Course
Accelerating the Learning-Curve and Improving Patient Outcomes
What Have We Learned?
June 27-28, 2008
The University of Chicago
Graduate School of Business
Arieh L. Shalhav, MD, Course Director
Kevin C. Zorn, MD, Course Co-Director
Gregory P. Zagaja, MD, Live Case Demonstrator
This course is structured to address all key technical steps of RLRP.
Expert faculty will share their experience and illustrate their individual techniques. Learning-based course highlighted with:
- Video presentations, panel discussions and lectures.
- Small group, break-out sessions for personalized discussion with faculty.
- LIVE robotic prostatectomy cases moderated by our expert faculty
Panelists will also review technical modifications for difficult cases:
- Large prostate glands and median lobes
- Obese patients
- Previous prostate surgery (TURP)
- Management of inguinal hernia, penile prosthesis
- Previous pelvic radiation, including salvage prostatectomy
As a comprehensive robotic prostate cancer course, discussion will also focus on:
- Oncological outcomes and management of high-risk patients
- Urinary continence
- Sexual function
Keynote - Continence and Sexual Health speaker, Dr. John Mulhall will review current rehabilitation programs to improve functional outcomes.
Keynote - Preventive & Alternative Medicine speaker, Dr. Mark Moyad will overview the impact of lifestyle modifications, diet and supplements in men with prostate cancer.
Course Registration Information:The course fee includes all course materials, breakfasts, lunches and transportation to & from the Sheraton Chicago Hotel.
Nurses, Pas, Administrators and Allied Health Professionals: $300
Residents & Fellows: $250